Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 2+hrs (~140min)
- ~2Kg pork spareribs
- 2 liters apple juice
- 3 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish (basically, grated horseradish root with vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place ribs in a stock pot, and cover with apple juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 1.5 hours (anywhere between 1-2 hrs usually works, depending on what you want).
- Preheat oven to 175C (350F).
- In a medium bowl, mix together barbecue sauce, radish, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of the apple juice from the ribs to make sauce.
- Brush underside of ribs with 1/3 of the sauce. Turn them over, and place in roasting pan.
- Brush tops with sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, brushing occasionally with sauce.