Prep time: 15 min
Marination: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 250 g (8 oz) beef tenderloin, flank steak or flap meat, cut into pieces
- 2 ½ tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- One 1 in (2.5 cm) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- ½ small green bell pepper, deseeded and cut into pieces
- ½ small red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into pieces
- ½ onion, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons Maggi seasoning sauce
- ½ teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine or sherry
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Marinate the beef with all the Marinade ingredients, about 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Stir-fry the beef until the beef is browned on the outside but still pink inside.
- Dish out the beef and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over high heat.
- Stir-fry the garlic and the ginger until aromatic, and then add the green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, and black pepper. Stir-fry until you get an aroma of the ingredients.
- Transfer the beef back into the skillet.
- Stir-fry until the beef is cooked through and the center of the meat is no longer pink, about 1-2 minutes.
- Dish out and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Read more about this at http://steamykitchen.com/18298-black-pepper-steak.html